General considerations include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an oral spray. It is sprayed directly into the mouth immediately before bedtime.
- Taking Zolpimist with or immediately after food will make the medication work more slowly.
- Do not take Zolpimist unless you can get a full night of sleep (seven or eight hours).
- When starting a new bottle of Zolpimist (or if you have not used it for 14 days or more), you will need to prime the pump. Do this by pressing the pump five times.
- Aim the spray directly over your tongue (not at the back of the throat, like some medications). The medication is not inhaled, but absorbed from the mouth and digestive tract.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval.
The dose of Zolpimist that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Zolpimist
- Your sex
- Your age
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Zolpimist Dosage for more information.)