An overdose of Zolpimist (zolpidem oral spray) can be very dangerous and requires immediate medical attention. People who take too much of this medication may experience symptoms such as severe drowsiness, difficulty breathing, or heart problems. There is a medication (flumazenil) that can help reverse some of the symptoms, although using this medication might increase the risk of seizures.
Zolpimist® (zolpidem oral spray) is a prescription sleep medicine. As with any medication, it is possible to take too much Zolpimist. The specific effects of an overdose with Zolpimist can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Zolpimist dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on Zolpimist. An overdose can be quite dangerous.
People who take too much Zolpimist may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Severe drowsiness
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart problems
- Loss of life.
Because a Zolpimist overdose can be dangerous, be sure to keep the medication out of reach of children and pets.
There is a medication (flumazenil) that can help reverse some of the symptoms of a Zolpimist overdose, although using this medication might increase the risk of seizures. Treatment will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Careful monitoring of the vital signs is necessary.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Zolpimist.