Silenor Side Effects
Interested in a Discount on Silenor?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some side effects with Silenor are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior (see Antidepressants and Suicide -- doxepin, the active ingredient in Silenor, is an antidepressant)
- Worsening of depression
- "Sleep driving" or performing other complex tasks while sleeping, often with no memory of the event
- Excessive daytime drowsiness, especially if it impairs your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery
- Change in heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Fast heart rate (tachycardia) or feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations)
- Sleeping problems that get worse, instead of better
- Worsening of glaucoma
- Difficulty passing urine
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any adverse reactions while using the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Silenor side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.