Some general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Rozerem comes in tablet form and is taken once a day, 30 minutes before bedtime.
- It is recommended that you take your dose with a glass of water, not after a meal, and not with food.
- It works quickly; make sure that you are ready for sleep before taking it. Do not take the medication before driving or performing any tasks that require concentration.
- For it to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
There is only one recommended dosage of this medication -- Rozerem 8 mg.
(Click Rozerem Dosing for more information.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
The most common side effects include:
(Click Side Effects of Rozerem to learn more about specific side effects, including serious side effects to look out for.)
You can also read about other possible side effects by clicking on the following eMedTV links:
- Rozerem and Depression
- Rozerem and Weight Gain
- Rozerem Sexual Side Effects
- Rozerem and Prolactin Levels.