Restoril Side Effects
Commonly reported side effects of Restoril include drowsiness, dizziness, and hangover. Other possible side effects (occurring far less frequently) include shakiness, vomiting, and burning eyes. Some side effects should be reported to a healthcare provider right away, such as hallucinations, jaundice, and thoughts of suicide.
An Introduction to Restoril Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Restoril® (temazepam); however, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Restoril. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Restoril side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of RestorilRestoril has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which a group of people taking the drug have side effects documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of Restoril included:
- Drowsiness -- in up to 9.1 percent of people
- Lethargy -- up to 4.5 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 4.5 percent
- Hangover -- up to 3.1 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 1.7 percent
- An unexplained happy or pleasant feeling (euphoria) -- up to 1.5 percent
- Weakness -- up to 1.4 percent
- Confusion -- up to 1.3 percent
- A spinning sensation (vertigo) -- up to 1.2 percent.