Restoril Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Restoril side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Problems with balance or falling down
- Suicidal thoughts
- Memory loss
- Anxiety, excitation, or agitation
- Hostility, aggression, or rage
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
Rare Restoril Side EffectsRare side effects occur in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by Restoril or by factors unrelated to the medication.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Loss of appetite
- Coordination problems
- Shakiness (tremor)
- Increased dreaming
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Back pain
- Burning eyes.
You may experience some or none of the Restoril side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Restoril, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.