Passion Flower Side Effects
Mild confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, and coordination problems are potential side effects that may occur with passion flower. Side effects can be bothersome but are usually not serious and may not require medical attention. However, there are some potentially serious passion flower side effects that should be reported to a healthcare provider immediately, including an irregular heart rhythm, signs of liver damage, or an allergic reaction.
Does Passion Flower Cause Side Effects?
As with any medication or supplement, side effects are possible with passion flower. Although some people assume that natural products (such as passion flower) are automatically free of side effects, this is simply not the case. Remember, many poisons and toxins are natural products. Passion flower can cause side effects; most of these side effects are merely bothersome, but some can be serious.
Bothersome Side Effects of Passion Flower
Possible bothersome (although usually not serious) passion flower side effects may include:
- Mild confusion
- Coordination problems (such as the coordination problems that occur due to alcohol).
Side Effects With Passion Flower to Report
There are a number of potential side effects with passion flower that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Severe dizziness, confusion, or drowsiness
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice), upper right abdominal pain, or elevated liver enzymes (found using a blood test)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as a rash, hives, itching, swelling of the mouth or throat, wheezing, or difficulty breathing.