Insomnia Home > Melatonin
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone that is commonly used as a supplement to help treat sleeping disorders. It can also be used to treat cancer (when combined with standard cancer treatment), prevent or treat Alzheimer's disease, and prevent cluster or migraine headaches. Most melatonin supplements on the market today are synthetic versions of the hormone. Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, and depression.
- Treatment of sleeping disorders (such as insomnia or jet lag)
- Prevention of cluster or migraine headaches
- Treatment of cancer (when used in combination with standard cancer treatment)
- Prevention or treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- Treatment of fibromyalgia
- Treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome.