Insomnia Home > Estazolam
EffectsEstazolam has been evaluated in several different studies as an insomnia treatment. Some studies showed that the drug was effective at helping people fall asleep, while others have shown that it can also help people stay asleep. In addition, studies suggest that estazolam may increase the quality of sleep.
When and How to Take EstazolamGeneral considerations for when and how to take estazolam include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually at bedtime.
- It can be taken with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Estazolam may cause serious problems if you take it in higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see ProSom Abuse).
Dosing InformationThe dose of estazolam that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.