Insomnia Home > Ambien CR
Ambien CR is an extended-release sleep medicine that is often prescribed for the treatment of insomnia in adults. It has proven to be effective in treating a number of sleep difficulties, including problems falling asleep and waking up often during the night. Ambien CR is available in two strengths and comes in a tablet form that is taken once a day, immediately before bedtime. Possible side effects include headache, dizziness, and daytime drowsiness.
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night.
- Fell asleep faster
- Had higher-quality sleep
- Had fewer awakenings.
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken once a day, immediately before bedtime.
- It is recommended that you take your Ambien CR dose with a glass of water, not after a meal, and not with food.
- Ambien CR works quickly. Make sure that you are ready for sleep before taking it. Do not take the drug before driving or performing any tasks that require concentration.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the tablets.
- For Ambien CR to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it differently than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are still having trouble sleeping after seven to ten days, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider, as this may be a sign that something else (such as a medical condition) may be causing your insomnia.