Lunesta Side Effects
There are a number of side effects with Lunesta that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Suicidal thoughts (see Suicide by Lunesta)
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior
- Depression (see Lunesta and Depression)
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, itching, hives, wheezing or trouble breathing, or unexplained swelling.
There are other Lunesta side effects that can occur. These side effects have occurred in very few people taking Lunesta. For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by the Lunesta or something else.
Some of these rare but possible Lunesta side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Sensitivity to the effects of the sun
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Decreased appetite or increased appetite
- Weight loss or weight gain (see Lunesta and Weight Gain)
- Hair loss (see Lunesta and Hair Loss).
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Lunesta side effects discussed above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects. Also, let your healthcare provider know if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Lunesta side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.