Some general considerations for when and how to take the drug include:
- Lunesta comes in tablet form and is taken immediately before bedtime.
- It is recommended that you take your dose with a glass of water, not immediately after a meal and not with food.
- The drug works very quickly; make sure that you are ready for sleep before taking it. Do not take it before driving or performing any tasks that require concentration.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Lunesta Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects. However, not everyone will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medicine well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
The most common side effects include:
- Unpleasant taste
(Click Lunesta Side Effects to learn more about the specific side effects of this drug, including serious side effects to look out for.)
You can also read about other possible side effects by going to the following eMedTV articles: