Taking too much Intermezzo (zolpidem sublingual tablet) can cause potentially dangerous and even life-threatening complications, such as heart problems, difficulty breathing, or a coma. The specific effects will depend on how Intermezzo was used and whether it was combined with other medications. Treatment for this type of overdose may involve taking a certain medication. Supportive care for any overdose symptoms will also be provided.
Can You Take Too Much Intermezzo?Intermezzo® (zolpidem sublingual tablet) is a prescription sleep medicine. As with most medications, it is possible to take too much Intermezzo.
The specific effects of an overdose with Intermezzo can be dangerous but will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Intermezzo dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Symptoms of an OverdosePeople who take an Intermezzo overdose may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Severe drowsiness
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart problems
- Loss of life.
Because an Intermezzo overdose can be dangerous, make sure to keep the medication out of the reach of children and pets.
Treatment for an Intermezzo OverdoseThere is a medication called flumazenil that can help reverse some of the symptoms of an Intermezzo overdose, although using this medication might increase the risk for seizures. Treatment will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Careful monitoring of vital signs is necessary.
It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have used too much of this medication.