When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take Dalmane include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth at bedtime.
- Take your dose just before you are ready to go to bed, as it can work rather quickly in some people.
- The medication can be taken with or without food. If Dalmane bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Dalmane may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Dalmane Abuse).
Dosing InformationThe dose of Dalmane your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Dalmane Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of DalmaneAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Dalmane. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Coordination problems.
(Click Dalmane Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)