The suggested Dalmane dosage for most people with insomnia is 30 mg at bedtime. For the most part, people who are elderly and people with other medical problems receive a lower Dalmane dose -- 15 mg at bedtime. Some of the factors that can affect Dalmane dosing are your age, other medications you may be taking, and other medical conditions you may have.
Dalmane Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Dalmane® (flurazepam) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your Dalmane dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dalmane Dosage for InsomniaThe recommended dose of Dalmane when treating insomnia is usually 30 mg, taken at bedtime. For elderly people or people with other medical problems, the recommended dose is typically lower -- 15 mg at bedtime.
General Information on Dosing With DalmaneConsiderations for people taking Dalmane include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth at bedtime.
- Take Dalmane just before going to bed, as it can work rather quickly in some people.
- Dalmane can be taken with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Dalmane may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Dalmane Abuse).