(Click California Poppy Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of California PoppyThere have only been a few side effects reported with California poppy, probably because it has not been sufficiently studied.
(Click California Poppy Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsCalifornia poppy may interact with several medications (see California Poppy Drug Interactions).
Is It Safe?Some people are more likely than others to experience problems due to California poppy. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider before taking it if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see California Poppy and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see California Poppy and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click California Poppy Safety for more information, including any available warnings and precautions.)