Ambien CR Side Effects
Some Ambien CR side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior
- Depression (see Symptoms of Depression)
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Agitation or restlessness
- Slurred speech
- Coordination problems
- Vision changes.
During clinical studies, some problems occurred in less than 1 percent of people taking Ambien CR. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these possible Ambien CR side effects include but are not limited to:
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction, or ED)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure).
You may experience some or none of the side effects discussed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects during treatment or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Ambien CR, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.